Difference between revisions of "Talk:Moadh Eehvscu"
m (→philosophy "Xalderax")
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
Revision as of 20:56, 17 May 2020
The hermaphroditic oracle of the dead.
- 1 spiritual reincarnation
- 2 models
- 3 followers
- 4 Dyophysitism
- 5 philosophy "Xalderax"
- 6 books
- 7 quotes (i.e. scraps/fragments) should be organized or understood as parts of larger, incomplete or lost works
- 8 rename
- 9 monasticism
- 10 male/female aspect as hermaphroditic
the founder of a new religion in faeland, since the 60s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_de_Erauso - so now the question is is moadh a man who beomes a woman or a woman who becomes a man. i feel like man to woman is appropriating what women are and using a male to tell women how to liberate, but the other way, her becoming a man, is like saying she cant do it UNLESS she acts masculine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudit sacker of xtians. maybe....a rebirth of moath? later on? in middle ages?
although originally from the central plains, viriduci lands, he was widely travelled.
after s/he establishes the religion:
and the true believers "up in the hills".... perhaps north of the Humrac territories, and akin to them...
The two natures of Moadh. One male one female. Some of his teachings come from one aspect and some another. and s/he would relate teachings in one or the other persona. some of the teachings are therefore seemingly juxtaposed. but..anyway
some of the sweeping social changes, or a large share of them were the 'saming of the sexes'. wherein new cultural norms were proposed to show respect for both genders roles. and of course open up the spectrum to see more than one: an awaareness of spiritual identities parallel but not linked to physical
the "kalderak" or questioning. his philosophy which sought wisdom by answering questions and accepting truths until no more can be discerned. because of this he ends up liberating women, disestablishing the personal god, etc etc etc. in cases where the questions lead to cyclical redundancies, truths must be "conjured" or doublethinks accepted.
the five thieves. hell is this life. "heaven" is oneness w universe. which one does not experience the way we know this life. in fact, the moment youre dead...youre back here. here being whatever life you might experience as animate matter. youll have no break, really.
Religious texts are revealed texts. All that's left of the old tales that managed to scrap up the wherewithal of believers to write it down before it could be overrun by other systems, systems which can propagate themselves now, without human agency. Ideas on paper are like protein covered viruses.
his early work on history leads to the conclusion the advent of the state was the doom of the faels: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/09/18/the-case-against-civilization
-teeming hordes like ants across the driveway -story of the floodplain/Tulsa/endless battle/reservations -evolution from that on the back of an elephantine UFO -no slavery, no inter-breeding -smell-nationality -music:mozart:requiem? 46' 49"
poems (based on films) predicting the future....reincarnated during 2nd civil war?
(should carry theme of revolution and colonization, the twin pillars of our "civilization")
- Brain That Wouldn't Die 1962 (How women are treated - female slavery) The Book of Ferment -- no longer the compact between horse and rider
- The Keep (WWII) (The Gasoline War) The Book of Boil/Froth/Ulcer a book of prophecy? or rather a book of introspection framed in a future war but the village is known to exist. it is located in the almuhr highlands
- Dredd (Caste of the ORders) The Book of Arrangement
- Embrace of the Serpent (culture clash) The Book of Rift
- The Edge of the World - adapting to the new machines, a new Helot- The Book of
- Molly Maguires (about Gualmar - the evil everything) The Book of Gualmar
- Fantastic Planet - The Book of Certainty
- Ghosts of Goya - ideology wears a citizen's suit. power has become the people, or at least taken on their appearance, beware. The Book of Flowers Blooms
- passport to pimlico - merchant economics in hold of everything - The Book of Drift
- Sleeping Dogs pat buchanan's xenophobia - an island turned against itself - multiculturalism
- Dogma - a personal cosmogony of the prophet.
- Corioloanus (socialism?)
cf. Commonplace VI wed feb 13 for viii
"Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century: Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others; Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected; Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it; Refusing to set aside trivial preferences; Neglecting development and refinement of the mind; Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.
Cicero, 106 BC - 43 BC" ....everything leads to what you want it to point to...
These quotes were retold by the prophet, and not the words of Eehvscu. Eehvscu was quoting dreams/visions Dune. At any rate, Moadh Eehvscu was known primarily for his books and fragments.
We are made weak both by idleness and distrust of ourselves. Unfortunate, indeed, is he who suffers from both.
What is wildness? And may wildness be cultivated? Isn't that a contradiction? That is what we're trying to find out. All we can say is either you personally resonate with this desire, or you don't. Either you like the idea of shaking off your restraints and are willing to give up everything you know in the attempt to do so, or you're like most people, comforted by language, by clothing, by laws.
- I'm the king of my own land
Facing tempests of dust, I'll fight until the end Creatures of my dreams raise up and dance with me! Now and forever, I'm your king!
Speaking to the West Indian Student Center in London in 1968, James Baldwin captured this incisively:
- “What is really happening is that brother has murdered brother knowing
it was his brother. White men have lynched Negroes knowing them to be their sons. White women have had Negroes burned knowing them to be their lovers … the American people are unable to face the fact that I’m flesh of their flesh, bone of their bone.”
To attempt an understanding of self without understanding the outside, is to attempt seeing Truth without knowing Falsehood. It is the attempt to see the Light without knowing Darkness. It cannot be.
Any path taken to its end leads nowhere. Remember that from the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain, the climb then requires eyes. This also, is the limit of beauty.
Terrible enlightenment is to awaken that you are all men and they are you.
The person who experiences power must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional power will singe a man.
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.
The wisdom of the knife: "it is complete because I cut here."
Respect for truths is all morality.
A single obscure decision of prophecy, perhaps the choice of one word over another, could change the entire aspect of the future. He tells us "The vision of time is broad, but when you pass through it, time becomes a narrow door." And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning "That path leads ever down into stagnation."
What do you Despise? By this are you truly known.
By the age of fifteen, learn silence.
The price paid was the price men have always paid for achieving a paradise in this life—we went soft, we lost our edge.
Cultivate self-imposed delay between desire for a thing and the act of reaching out to grasp that thing.
The fable of progress acts shields us from the terrors of the future.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
You cannot avoid the interplay of politics within an orthodox religion. This power struggle permeates the training, educating and disciplining of the orthodox community. Because of this pressure, the leaders of such a community inevitably must face that ultimate internal question: to succumb to complete opportunism as the price of maintaining their rule, or risk sacrificing themselves for the sake of the orthodox ethic.
When law and duty are one, united by religion, you never become fully conscious, fully aware of yourself. You are always a little less than an individual.
How often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him.
Be warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring motives then by ordinary standards.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans in the finite space of a planetary ecosystem as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who do survive.
- "When Words and Purpose merge, one cannot be fully aware of Self. Purpose becomes less you and more words."
- "Respect for exteriorities is all morality. "
- "How often it is we combat the inner command."
- "The myth of growth diverts eyes from what we sow."
- "Integral to the mind trained on words is an omnipresent compulsion for systems. But the world is always a constellation seen from many planets."
- "What you fight shapes you against it in battle until two enemies no longer differ except in flags."
- "By the age of 13, begin silence in order to learn."
- "Be warrior and monk, heretic and prophet, the wolf and the panther. Make no sense and be unmovable about it. Chivalrous with blades, ruthless with fare, below mere gods and above contemptible men. There is no measuring accomplishment by no standard."
- "Beyond grey meat sentiments about it, freedom crumbles at the time of sharing. The question is not how or what kind of system it germinates, but can we generate anything beyond the current farce."
- "Any path leads only to known places. All paths have been cut. Create purpose where there is none."
- "The only truth is that you are nothing but an image, and it is your lie to lose."
- "The king must sacrifice himself for the myth he inflates or be crushed by its terrible weight. What is accorded him must be met with an equal and balancing pressure. Where he can move against his own ego is only in the smallest kingdom any man may rule, and where all men are ultimately trapped."
- "The knife is finished only in cleft."
"Sixteen hours ago an American airplane dropped one bomb on Hiroshima and destroyed its usefulness to the enemy. That bomb had more power than 20,000 tons of TNT. It had more than two thousand times the blast power of the British “Grand Slam” which is the largest bomb ever yet used in the history of warfare.
The Japanese began the war from the air at Pearl Harbor. They have been repaid many fold. And the end is not yet. With this bomb we have now added a new and revolutionary increase in destruction to supplement the growing power of our armed forces. In their present form these bombs are now in production and even more powerful forms are in development.
It is an atomic bomb. It is a harnessing of the basic power of the universe. The force from which the sun draws its power has been loosed against those who brought war to the Far East."
changing war - machine rise
I have just heard the news. Russians 60 miles from Berlin. It does look as if something decisive might happen soon. The appalling destruction and misery of this war mount hourly : destruction of what should be (indeed is) the common wealth of Europe, and the world, if mankind were not so besotted, wealth the loss of which will affect us all, victors or not. Yet people gloat to hear of the endless lines, 40 miles long, of miserable refugees, women and children pouring West, dying on the way. There seem no bowels of mercy or compassion, no imagination, left in this dark diabolic hour. By which I do not mean that it may not all, in the present situation, mainly (not solely) created by Germany, be necessary and inevitable. But why gloat! We were supposed to have reached a stage of civilization in which it might still be necessary to execute a criminal, but not to gloat, or to hang his wife and child by him while the orc-crowd hooted. The destruction of Germany, be it 100 times merited, is one of the most appalling world-catastrophes. Well, well – you and I can do nothing about it. And that shd. be a measure of the amount of guilt that can justly be assumed to attach to any member of a country who is not a member of its actual Government. Well the first War of the Machines seems to be drawing to its final inconclusive chapter – leaving, alas, everyone the poorer, many bereaved or maimed and millions dead, and only one thing triumphant: the Machines. As the servants of the Machines are becoming a privileged class, the Machines are going to be enormously more powerful. What's their next move?
"You Christians do worship God, but then - believing yourself to be the only true ones - you despise nations other than those you consider worthy of having your grace bestowed upon them."
only xtian book made in?? prior to Nantes Crusade
quotes (i.e. scraps/fragments) should be organized or understood as parts of larger, incomplete or lost works
my name is my parents possession. i put it down when i am ready to walk
known as leaves....fragments. not palimpsest but..
- data bent images as the substitute for the unknown in life where the world has become highly regulated. simultaneously showing us what we look at, but also how our "order" is subject to the same chaos.
- how can you relate the movie to science? it is a new art form, when it appears in the cinematograph, it has no requisite. it appears as if by its own magic, in a world previously administered by dusty bibles and old abstractions. science is a new contender, not a heathenism, not a heresy, but another priesthood besides.
and they have acquired the ears of state and appropriated the ears of capital. so now we ask to dislodge them, what is left but the stinking and waterlogged remains of faith’s castle’s cellar of primitive and basic beliefs?
- lo, on eastern shore,
rood of all evil,
come to flog us your Roman popery.
come, to us grey
Faels of no account,
most catholic hand
- tue 31 dec 2013 2205
short circuit definition: "the devil" is the appearance of "god" where god is neither expected nor wanted. (dualism never died)
- wed 1 jan 2014 0135
i sense a division among the ages. if you watch germany year zero, the hiding soldier confesses to the young boy. talks to him like a person, no matter his thoughts, he speaks his mind to the child, not sheltering him from anything. letting him know that his actions have consequences, and can be moral judgments against him. this is how children learn. now, instead, they learn from screens. who knows who teaches children…i weep for the end of the world. it was gone with the invention of mass telegraphy.
- i like to read history and fiction, but i repeat myself…”
- western archaeology is the symptom of the european starvation for legends and lore. they poke and probe at tribal cultures to find something they've lost
the mortified flesh, the dead body/brain in a vat of the westerner seeks the flesh to replace itself in the world.
western archaeology is the symptom of the european starvation for legends and lore. they poke and probe at tribal cultures to find something they've lost
- the mortified flesh, the dead body/brain in a vat of the westerner seeks the flesh to replace itself in the world.
- For it has rightly been said that the man who first offers banquets and bribes to the people is the first to destroy their liberties.
Voadh Xonon - water attraction, magnet sayings, attracted knowledge, piled ideas..... something meaning collected thoughts, more or less.
Voadh Xonai vo-ath co-nye
Xohai Konon? maybe drop Konon
Moadh told his companions to ease their anxiety and avoid excess. According to some stories, in a speech to some friends who wanted to put an end to their sexual life, pray all night long or fast continuously, Moadh said: “Do not worship words! Feast on some days and not on others. Sleep part of the night, and sleep in union another part. For your body has sovereignty over you, your eyes have a controlling part of will, your wife has a right upon you, your guest has a right upon you.”
Moadh once exclaimed: “Dread beings are those who possess separate! Where the outer world cleaves from the inner world there takes root a perverse longing in the soul.”
And, on another occasion, Moadh said: “Who closes in the crate cannot perceive the bowl.” Various scholars have interpreted this to mean that being shut up in a cloister (the crate/box) deny themselves the Earth's (the bowl's) bounty; and therefore an essential feature of existence.
As is typical, these pronouncements discourage but do not ban, and taken with other of his sayings seem contradictory.