Faelish Citizen's Party
The Faelish Citizen's Party is a political party in Faeland. The party states that it is the rightful continuation and successor to the traditions of classical humanism, socialist collectivism, and ecological conservationism. And broadly that democracy as a mode of government has tendencies toward corruption and ultimately failure, that a harsh sense of personal culpability for those in power is just, and calls for a rigorous tier-based citizenship. The party was founded on March 20, 2012 by Phlan Hratum although he immediately withdrew from politics the next day.
Platform of the Faelish Citizen's Party
The following are the basic tenets of the Party, for more information, see Manifesto of the Faelish Citizen's Party.
- We demand the utmost respect and consideration for the health and well-being of the Citizen and his environment and our brother species, and of the Citizen the utmost regard and care for the State.
- We demand that citizenship be earned through service and not granted by birth.
- We demand that government be clean, simple, efficient, and sacrosanct as the collective will is sacrosanct. Violators of the state are punishable by death.
- We reject the corrupting, capitalist, growth-based economy.
- We demand a land reform suitable to our needs with utmost respect for natural life and the ecosystem, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.
- We demand the purposeful unification of all Faels in the Faelish Archipelago on the basis of right to self-determination.
- Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Faeland only as a guest, and must be under the authority of the laws for aliens.
- The right to determine matters concerning administration and law belongs only to the citizen. Therefore we demand that every public office, of any sort whatsoever, whether in the federation, the Member States or municipalities, be filled only by citizens.
- Office-holding only according to party inclinations without consideration of character or abilities is detrimental to the state, and political parties shall be abolished.
- We demand that the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens. If it is impossible to sustain the total population of the State, then the population of the state must be adjusted.
- All citizens must have equal rights and obligations.
- The first obligation of every citizen must be to work. The activity of individuals is not to counteract the interests of the universality, but must have its result within the framework of the whole for the benefit of all. Consequently we demand:
- Abolition of an unemployment compensation. It is the duty of the state to provide work (that is meaningful purpose), not money.
- In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice that every necessary conflict demands of the people, personal enrichment through conflicts with other states must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore we condemn all profiteering and:
- We demand that any and all international conflict be put to popular referendum.
- We demand the collectivization of all associated industries.
- We demand a division of profits for the good of the state.
- We demand the the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts with the state.
- We demand resistance against and punishment for those whose activity is injurious to the general interest correlative to the degree in which the activity harms the state.
- The state is to enable every capable and industrious Citizen to obtain higher education and subsequently introduction into leading positions. We demand the education at the expense of the State of gifted children without consideration of position or profession.
- The State is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child labor, by the encouragement of physical health.
- We demand freedom of religion for all denominations within the state so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the moral senses of the Citizenry at large.
- For the execution of all of this we demand the formation of a stronger unitary authority for the Faelish peoples. Unlimited authority of the central government over the whole administration and its organizations in general with respect to the cultural differences inherent in the Member States.